CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 11

Psalms Sunday #6









Psalm 6

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. According to sheminith.[a]

A psalm of David.
 1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
       or discipline me in your wrath.

 2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
       O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

 3 My soul is in anguish.
       How long, O LORD, how long?

 4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
       save me because of your unfailing love.

 5 No one remembers you when he is dead.
       Who praises you from the grave [b] ?

 6 I am worn out from groaning;
       all night long I flood my bed with weeping
       and drench my couch with tears.

 7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
       they fail because of all my foes.

 8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
       for the LORD has heard my weeping.

 9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
       the LORD accepts my prayer.

 10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
       they will turn back in sudden disgrace.



I have been there before, so full of anguish, so full of sorrow. And it hurts everywhere, emotionally and physically. What brought me there? Sin in my life did. Selfishness in my life did. When you give in to the sin around you and begin to live your life for the world, it causes pain, such pain to the Spirit and to the body. And like David, I knew that I needed to return to God. I needed to no longer immerse myself in the sin of the world. I knew that God heard my prayers for help. I knew that God forgave me, loved me and would begin to comfort me. And that was what I was reminded of this morning, when I read Psalm 6. What did it show you today?
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I will see you again next week for Psalm 7.