CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 18

Amazing Worship

Psalms Sunday post is below.

I wanted to quickly write about this before I forgot to.

This morning at church, an older couple sat in front of me. The husband had been battling cancer over the past year and just found out that it is completley gone. He has been healed.

It was incredible watching them in worship this morning. We were singing praises to God, but this couple was singing the words with every fiber of their being. The wife kept taking a kleenex out of her pocket to wipe tears of joy from her eyes as we sang words like... "You are so good, God. You have saved us. Hallelujah."

I kept watching them from behind and smiling at them. I wanted for just a moment to be them, to be at that instant incredibly in awe of the work God had done in my life. And then I realized that I should be worshipping God in that way each and every time. I shouldn't need to wait for a miracle to happen before I pull out a kleenex to wipe tears of joy from my eyes.

I want to always praise God for just being God. He has saved me from sooooooo much. He DIED for Me.

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praises to the name of the Lord Most High." Psalm 7:17