CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 30

And All That Jazz---

On Friday night, the hubby and I are leaving for a quick weekend trip to Chicago. He has wanted to see a Cubs game at Wrigley field since he was a little kid, so for his birthday, which was last weekend, I bought him tickets to this Saturday's Cubs game. He also wants to check out the Sears Tower. And we are going to eat at Ed Debevic's. I know that it doesn't seem like a very romantic place to have dinner, but it is a sentimental place for us. We used to celebrate each little anniversary at the one in Arizona, when we were dating. The one in AZ closed down though. So, only the ones in IL remain. So, for old times sake, we will eat there and have our photos taken in the black and white photo booth. Then, my friend from college, Charity, will hopefully meet up with us, since she lives in Indiana.

I think I have all our routes planned. I found a great deal on flights to Midway...but hotels everywhere..in the downtown area of Chicago were sold out months ago due to some festivals that weekend. So, we are staying near the O'Hare airport. What's cool though, is for seriously a little bit more than a yellow cab, we will have a limo pick us up late at night at the Midway aiport to take us to our hotel near the O'Hare airport. SO, that will be nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the rest of the weekend, we will use the L to get around. I think I have it all mapped out to get us from our hotel to downtown to Wrigley field...then to the Sears Tower and then to Ed's.
Hopefully I read the maps correctly. LOL.
And I saw that it may be best for us to get the 2 day pass for the el..instead of paying each time. I think that will be the best bet for us. We will then take the L from the hotel to the aiport on Sunday.

Anyway, I am sooo thrilled for our trip. I even bought a cute little Cubs Tee to wear to the game.

I will post pictures when we get back from our trip.