CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 24

On The Road To Retention

So, as I have stated below in the last two posts, I really want to focus on memorizing scripture. So, I am starting today. I've decided that I am going to start putting to memory each day a verse that I read that sticks out to me. I feel that usually a verse leaps out at you, if it is something that you currently relate to. Sometimes it is one that speaks to you in a way it may not have before. Maybe it is one that ends up ministering to you. This morning, one such verse caught my eye, and it will be the first verse I memorize.

Galatians 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

This speaks to me the most in my timidness to witness to non-believers because I am a people-pleaser. I am non-confrontational, for the most part and I don't like to make others feel uncomfortable. So, I usually hold back during situations where I could really really witness to someone else. I hope that this verse will always speak to my heart during such situations as a reminder of what I am here to do. I am not here to please the world. I am not here to please man. I want to be truly concerned with how God sees me. Friends will come and go. So will my day to day acquaintances. But I will be with God for an eternity!

So, would you like to join me on my road to retention? Buy some index cards and a little box to keep them in. Write this verse down on a card and keep it in your box. Take it out every day.

Write, read, review, review, review and retain.