CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 19

Everyday Rambling

So, I have decided that it may just be time to stop doing the day care. My main plan with the day care was to be able to stay home with the kiddos and make an income. But, honestly, it has really been draining me lately. And although I am home with my kids, I feel like sometimes, I can't spend as much time with them as I would like, because my attention is divided between all of the kiddos.

Unfortunately, at the time being, I need to make some sort of an income. I worked on figures yesterday evening to figure out various scenarios. The money my DH makes pretty much pays our bills and leaves just a little leftover, but not nearly enough for groceries, gas and everyday things. So, I do need to work. Our biggest bills right now are our house and car. Unfortunately, we really can't lower either one at the current moment. We have a phenomenal interest rate on our house and if we refinance, we will lose that rate, so it really won't benefit us. And our car...LOL...we owe, maybe 23k or so and the blue book is 10-13K. So, well...we can't really do anything there either.

When we first moved out here, I worked an evening job at a hotel. I worked the front desk and did the night audit. It was a pretty easy job and sometimes relaxing, because I could bring a book or do some homework. It was a pretty quiet job. It isn't the most glorious job or the highest in pay, but it would give me enough to allow us to have the extra money we need. My goal is to work three nights a week from 5:30 - 11:00 and maybe Saturdays for 6-8 hours or so.

But this way, I can stay home with just my kids....focus one on one on teaching the miss....and have the freedom to leave the house...maybe visit faeryland mom and her kids.....take the miss to a museum.....and one of the bases out here has dance classes for really cheap...but they are on Wednesdays at like 10:00 A.M. So, I'd be able to do that too.

I just think this will be a better option all around. I left a message for my old manager, but she won't be in until tomorrow. I still have my uniform. They had me keep it when I left, because they kept me on their payroll for awhile and I agreed to help them out every once in awhile if they needed someone to work a night shift. And although I had already quit, I worked the desk for them on the evening of their Christmas party. so that they could all attend. I really enjoyed working with everyone there and quit because I had started up my day care. So hopefully, they are interested in having me back. Hopefully they have a position open. Fingers crossed..... We'll see.

In other news, My miss is pretty much fully potty trained. WONDERFUL!!! She slept for the first time in her underwear last night and she stayed dry! I am so glad to have her trained. It was definitely a long, bumpy road...and to finally be done, is wonderful.

Well, I have to run for now. I just wanted to blab for awhile. I do have something else in mind to share later today...from my Bible Study last night, so hopefully I get a chance to write some more later today.