CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 31

The Homemaking Meme

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
I actually do not own an apron, but I should. When I bake, I am messy and I get stuff all over myself.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
I looooove baking. Right now, brownies are my favorite thing to bake. But cakes are fun too.

Clothesline – Y/N?
No, No, No.

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
LOL...nope....but sounds like a fun challenge.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Just one? Clean my kitchen....a few times a day actually.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Nope

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
If I didn't have a disposal, I wouldn't have a dishwasher. I would miss both desperately.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Flylady has been helpful

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Ironing? Hmmm . . . It's very time consuming, but sometimes it can be relaxing. And there is something satisfying about taking something all wrinkled and finishing with something pretty and smooth.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
My closet....LOL. I used to have a junk shelf in one of my kitchen cabinets, but it is cleaned out and organized now.

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
I have cute Americana stuff in the kitchen...and it goes well with my blue Kitchenaid Mixer. :o)

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
The end result....feeling like you really did accomplish something....and how having a clean home just makes it easier to relax.

Mop – Y/N?
Yep, 5 kids in a house all day long = Must Mop.


Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I washed them in the machine even though it said not to. Usually they held up okay.
I put it on the handwash cycle.

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Oh, I open the oven to check. I love being overwhelmed with the sweet aroma of whatever is baking. And I have to get close up and stick the toothpick in...all of that.

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Just cheese for me.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
What is a quiet moment like???? Just teasing....usually I am on the internet, reading a book or doing devotions.

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
I have one, but it is too small. So I made myself a recipe binder. It is divided into sections...appetizers, side dishes, main dishes, desserts...and so forth. And then when I rip out recipes in magazines and such...they fit in the binder under their appropriate section.

Style of house – What style is your house?
I have a litte tri-level house...with a finished basement. It's cute...I like it. BUT, about 20 minutes away, is a GORGEOUS, HUGE Victorian style house and it's AMAZING! I want it!!!!! I will take a picture of it someday and show you all.
I love those Colonial style Victorian type houses. LOVE THEM!

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
EH...not usually

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Toxic wasteland...well actually just lots of empty things that need to be thrown away. I should clean that out today actually. Thanks for the suggestion.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
Not enough.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
A week, maybe 4

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
My daily list is in my head.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
I leave the yard to the hubby. He mows, weeds, shovels. Maybe this spring I'll attempt some gardening. We'll see. I am not sure what color my thumb is though. Guess I'll find out.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Cleaning up the kitchen.