CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 19

This Christmas

So, this Christmas we are doing some new things. The first is a Jesse tree. I read about it last year at Rocks in My Dryer.
Most of our ornaments for the tree will just be printable ones I found online, that I printed in black and white and will color in, but some others we will make out of clay or other materials. I found a cute glitter covered harp for mini trees last night at Wal-Mart, so we can use that for David.
When you use a Jesse tree, each day leading up to Christmas, there is a little Bible story lesson, beginning in the Old Testament and working up to Jesus' birth. I have found little crafts to do for each lesson, and then we hang our ornament on the tree.

Another thing I want to do with the Miss this year, if I can, I haven't looked into it completely yet, is to have us make little crafts for children at a nearby hospital. And maybe on the 20th or 21st, we can visit the children in the hospital, if we are allowed, and pass out the crafts. I am not sure what rules there are about this, especially bringing a young child into a hospital room during cold/flu season. When I read the idea, it suggested visiting a nursing home, but I think that would scare the miss a little. She seems to shy away from the older people that talk to her when she is shopping with me. I think she'd relate better to younger kids.

Oh, and I just came across this adorable movie. I will have to see if our local Christian store has it, because it looks GREAT!!!