CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 18

Psalms Sunday - Psalm 54



Psalm 54
To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments.[a] A Contemplation[b] of David when the Ziphites went and said to Saul, “Is David not hiding with us?”
1 Save me, O God, by Your name,
And vindicate me by Your strength.
2 Hear my prayer, O God;
Give ear to the words of my mouth.
3 For strangers have risen up against me,
And oppressors have sought after my life;
They have not set God before them. Selah

4 Behold, God is my helper;
The Lord is with those who uphold my life.
5 He will repay my enemies for their evil.
Cut them off in Your truth.

6 I will freely sacrifice to You;
I will praise Your name, O LORD, for it is good.
7 For He has delivered me out of all trouble;
And my eye has seen its desire upon my enemies.


This Psalm reminds me to look at my circumstances, not through the eyes of my flesh, but through the eyes of The Spirit. There have been times when others have let us down, used us, conspired against us, and there will continue to be times like that in our lives. But instead of dwelling on it, or holding anger toward those people, we need to give it to God. We need to rely on our faith and know that God will take care of the issue and take care of us.
God is our helper, but do we really let Him help us much as he wants to or could?
How many times, when we are struggling with something, even something small, do we just rely on ourselves or on the advice of others?
Why do we do that when the ever powerful God is our helper?
Let's give it all to Him!