CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 5

For my Next Quilt

So, I am going to start on a quilt for the baby and I am ready to try something new. I just found a neat project on HGTV.com. It looks pretty simple, because all I do is cut fabric into squares and then sew the squares together. That sounds easy enough. What is neat about this quilt, is you use a variety of fabric types, from cotton to chenille, so that it is really touchy-feely. See the quilt directions here
It is called a cuddle bug quilt. Isn't that cute???

Last week or so, I talked about sewing a duvet cover for the miss, but I didn't have any luck with that project. The spoiled miss has a full size bed in her room, because it was the only spare bed we had, and we couldn't afford to go buy a twin yet. So, it was impossible to find flat sheets that were sold separately. I could only buy them in sheet sets, which was way too much money. If you remember, I was going to sew the flat sheets together to make the cover for her existing comforter. SO, I just bought her a comforter for her room, after having several trips to Joann's and purchasing the wrong amount of fabric each time. I was going to use cotton fabric with a flannel bottom, to make her duvet, but it's hard to do, when you don't buy the right amount of fabric. I quickly gave up. Oh well.

I plan on taking a picture of the miss' Tinkerbell quilt today to share with all of you, so stay tuned.

Oh and by the way, the kids woke up at 5:30 A.M.AGAIN!!! Did I mention that I hate daylight savings???