Thursday, November 8

Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's off to work we go

So, I was tagged a while back, by Jen for the Work Meme
I am supposed to tell you about my past work experience. So here are the not so entertaining details.
In High School, I held only a couple of jobs, besides babysitting. I worked at a nearby Spaghetti restaurant. We are talking a very tiny place in a little shopping center. It wasn't too busy.
I also worked at a day care center after school and then during the summer.
After graduating from High School, I wanted to move out of my parent's house and I began working full time. I worked as a receptionist for a Real Estate Company. Well, actually there were about 5 of us, who had the same job. So, we'd take turns working at the front desk, while the rest of us worked in the back, answering phones and paging the Real Estate agents with their messages. I didn't work there for very long. For some reason, a couple of the girls who worked with me hated me, and they made my life a little horrid, while I was employed there.
So, I then became a receptionist for a nearby Title Insurance Company, Grand Canyon Title. I really enjoyed the job and the people I worked with. But I was then asked to work at another Title Company, ATI Title. My boyfriend at the time, who is now my hubby :o), his mom was a co-manager at ATI Title, and I was hired as their receptionist. Unfortunately, I wasn't there for too too long, because our office walked out. I just went with the flow, I didn't know what was going on. We, as a branch, also split up. I followed the other manager and several employees to another Title Company, Equity Title.
Are you confused yet? SO, I stayed with Equity Title for awhile, and moved up to an assistant. I had my own office and everything, it was pretty nice.
Unfortunately, the industry got slow, and being young, and without a family, I was chosen to be laid off. It was sad. I also had life changes going on at this time too. I had broken up with my boyfriend, my high school sweetheart, and a couple months later, started dating another guy. I also looked around for another job. I gave the food/service industry another chance and worked at a really nice restaurant inside a nearby Hyatt. It was an Italian place where the servers sang. It was tough work. There was a lot of verbiage to learn, and I struggled with carrying the huge trays and presenting the wine properly as I opened it. I also seemed to stay in training for a long time. SO, I wasn't making a whole lot, so I quit.
A little while longer, I began working at another Title Company, Title Guaranty Agency, as a receptionist/assistant. It was a very small office. There was just the manager, one escrow officer and myself. We weren't very busy, and I found myself very bored.
I don't remember how long I was there, but I then found out that Equity Title was hiring again, at another branch, pretty close by. So I was hired there as an assistant, and again had my own office. I really loved the staff there, it was fun.
But, I soon decided to go away to school, so I had to leave the company, since I was moving out of state.
So, I went off to school for a year, but during that time, I got back together with my ex-boyfriend from High School, who is now my hubby. We became engaged to be married pretty soon after that and I became employed at another Title Company, First American Title. I was a Junior Escrow Officer, but when I left the company, to move to my current place of residence, I was at that time a branch support/floater. I loved doing that. I would go to our different offices, and take over an Escrow Officer's desk, while they were on vacation, or help out an overly busy office. It was fun to help out in a branch where they really needed help. They were always so appreciative.
When I moved out here, where we currently live, I decided I wanted to be able to stay at home. I worked nights at a hotel for awhile, as I worked on becoming licensed to do day care out of my home. Once I received my license, I stopped working at the hotel, and I started up my day care. I did have fun with it for awhile, but then I had another child, got a full day care load, and became pregnant again. The day care became very stressful and very draining. So, I recently stopped my day care business, and I am now working nights again at the hotel I started working at when we first moved out here.

So there you have it.

And now, I tag Sara