CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 22

Well, I know I've been away from my blog and I am sorry. I have been trying to make a website for my friend, Kate, who is a wedding photographer. And I am a newbie scripter...I wing everything or spend a long time researching how to script. And the frustrating thing is, I'll be on firefox and everything will look fine, but then I'll switch over to IE7, and it's all sorts of messed up.

Okay try to stay with me for a second...k....? :o)
I have learned that tables stink and that IE7 is a pain as far as scripting is concerned. My issue is, I have images that overflow the width designated to certain tables. In other browsers other than IE7, it knows to show the image anyway. But IE7 hides whatever is overlapping the code. And there are some ways to fix it, but I am currently confused and it isn't working.

Are you lost yet? Me too.

It's just hard, because I have no idea what I am doing. But I keep trying and I'll eventually succeed.

Anyway, when I started working on my friend's site and realized how much I enjoyed it, I decided that I am going to do this for a living. I want to design web pages for small businesses.....OH AND Blog templates TOO. So I am starting up classes at The Art Institute next month. In a year, I will have my certification in web design. I will learn all sorts of stuff from basic and advanced scripting, css, dreamweaver, photoshop, flash.....all of that fun stuff. And I am excited. My poor Kate is getting such a newbie site, but soon it will look good. I hope.

I would show it to you, but I am embarrassed. So, you'll have to wait until I'm done....BUT you must see some of her photos. So to check those out, go see one of the Galleries that I made for her. I hope to link to them soon and then someday, after I learn some stuff, actually embed it into her site for her.

So, that's what I've been doing lately....in case you were wondering where I went.




Delete It Cancel