CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 4

Psalms Sunday #9



Welcome to Psalms Sunday. Every Sunday we share a little bit about the day's Psalm. You can talk about anything. Was there a verse that spoke to you? Do you have a story to share about the topic of the Psalm? Do you want to tell us what you think the Psalm is saying? Basically, just share what comes to your heart after reading the Psalm. Write your post and then come here to sign Mr. Linky so that we can visit you. It's so wonderful to take this time to share with each other and learn from each other. Plus, it is so enjoyable to venture through the Psalms. We are currently doing the Psalms in order. Today is Psalm 9.

Psalm 9

For the director of music. To the tune of "The Death of the Son." A psalm of David.

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.

4 For you have upheld my right and my cause;
you have sat on your throne, judging righteously.

5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked;
you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.

6 Endless ruin has overtaken the enemy,
you have uprooted their cities;
even the memory of them has perished.

7 The LORD reigns forever;
he has established his throne for judgment.

8 He will judge the world in righteousness;
he will govern the peoples with justice.

9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.

10 Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

11 Sing praises to the LORD, enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what he has done.

12 For he who avenges blood remembers;
he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted.

13 O LORD, see how my enemies persecute me!
Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death,

14 that I may declare your praises
in the gates of the Daughter of Zion
and there rejoice in your salvation.

15 The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug;
their feet are caught in the net they have hidden.

16 The LORD is known by his justice;
the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands.
Higgaion. [b] Selah

17 The wicked return to the grave, [c]
all the nations that forget God.

18 But the needy will not always be forgotten,
nor the hope of the afflicted ever perish.

19 Arise, O LORD, let not man triumph;
let the nations be judged in your presence.

20 Strike them with terror, O LORD;
let the nations know they are but men.



I see a recurring theme in this Psalm.... God, you are good. You do so much. You are my strength. I will always praise you for all that you are. I will share the testimony of what you have done in my life, to all. I praise you, I PRAISE YOU!

And isn't it so easy to have that attitude after God has done something tremendous in our lives? But is it easy to have that attitude at 5:30 A.M. when you know God would like for you to get out of bed and spend some time in His word before you start your day?

That is definitely one way in which I would like to be like David. He knew that He wanted nothing more than to praise God. He knew to rise early and spend that time with Him.

A couple of days ago, my friend, Tiffany, and I talked a little on this very topic. We were discussing how we know that God is always with us, right there next to us always. But because we can't physically see Him, it's easy to get caught up with the distractions of our day. It's so easy to be so very selfish with how we spend our time and how much of it we give to God.

But imagine if He was sitting at your kitchen table at 5:30 A.M. waiting for you to rise out of bed and join Him. Or what if He was knocking repeatedly on your front door? How easy would it be then to throw those covers over your head and go back to sleep?

What if He was standing behind you right now, tapping at your shoulder as you blogged, asking to spend some time with you? Would you tell Him to head on into the other room and leave you be for a moment while you finish up your post?

The thing is, He is always there. The God you want to praise. The God you want to rejoice over. Do you show Him that attitude of praise in your daily life? Or do you tell Him to leave you be while you tend to your day to day activities?

And let me just say that I definitely don't give up enough time to God. When I awake in the morning, my computer is the first thing I turn on. My email is the first thing that I read. But if I saw God as my house guest at my kitchen table as I walked down my stairs in the morning, I know that I would definitely walk right by my computer, sit down next to my house guest and begin yapping. I'd most likely offer Him some breakfast as well. And we'd talk and laugh and sing songs for hours.