CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 6

Psalms Sunday - Psalm 57






Psalm 57
PRAYER FOR SAFETY FROM ENEMIES
To the chief musician. Set to “Do not Destroy” A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.

1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

2 I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.
3 He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

4 My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.

6 They have prepared a net for my steps;
My soul is bowed down;
They have dug a pit before me;
Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah

7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and give praise.
8 Awake, my glory!
Awake, lute and harp!
I will awaken the dawn.

9 I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing to You among the nations.
10 For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens,
And Your truth unto the clouds.

11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.


The Psalms sure are beautiful, encouraging and uplifting, aren't they?

In this Psalm, once again, David is dealing with fear and anxiety. He has fled from Saul, he has many who are looking to kill him. And he takes all of his anxious thoughts and brings them to God.
He knows that through it all, he can seek refuge in his Father's arms.

Meditate for a moment on verse 2, because I think it is so important for us to remember during difficult times.
2 I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.

It is He who performs all things for us.

So when anxiety sets in, remember to not be afraid. Instead, lift up your hands and sing praises to God and trust in His unfailing love.

Have a blessed week!