CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 19

My Super Girl

I was in a creative mood last night and since I was running to Joann's anyway for fabric for a cuddlebug quilt I am making for a friend's baby, I decided to get the items I needed for THIS.

It's an awesome reversible superhero cape. And the tutorial, that I just linked to above, is wonderful. This was my first time doing something other than straight line sewing that you do for a quilt. This was my first time using an appliqué, using heat bond fusing, cutting fabric and such from templates and doing a zig zag stitch.

It took me 2 hours, so I only got the cape for the miss done. Hers has Super Woman on one side and a princess crown on the other.

I may do the one for the mister today. He will have superman and batman, and I am sure it will be darling. And of course there will be pictures, if I do.

Now, I must admit, I skipped a few of the last steps. I didn't iron it or do the final stitching around the edges, but it looked okay to me without doing those steps and it was after midnight, so I was ready to be done. Plus, it's just a little dress up thing, so it doesn't really matter.

So, here's the finished cape, that my little miss sadly wasn't too thrilled about, although it's all she talked about last night before going to bed. And she was actually crying when I made her put it on to take pictures of it. But it was the very first thing I had her do when she got up this morning. And I think she woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe tomorrow she'll be excited about her mama's efforts.