CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 18

Mama's Been Lazy

Okay, I really haven't been THAT lazy, but I do need to make some changes around here.

Lately, my kids in the morning have been playing pretty well and quietly, so I have taken advantage of that by spending maybe 1-2 hours on the computer.... emailing, blogging, visiting blogs, chatting with friends, searching for recipes or activities for the miss.

And then at nap time, while my four year old is still awake, I decide I want to clean or something, which leaves my 4 year old, bored and needing stimulation.

It hasn't been working well for anyone.

So, here's my new schedule to begin on Monday.

7:00 - 8:00 = - Breakfast
- Calendar and weather songs
(Talk about month, day, year and season)
- Music Time - Put on worship songs and dance around, sing kid songs, do
motion songs, get the kiddos moving.

8:00 - 8:30= Free Play. Mommy can clean if need be or have some quick computer time.

8:30 until done = Lessons for the miss. Work on alphabet and numbers.
(use handwriting sheets, finger plays, activities, crafts, games)
The mister can join in too...focusing on colors and shapes.

9:00 or 9:15 or so = get down from table for a quick break. Exercise, run around, tickle, play tag or ring around the rosie.

9:30 - 10:10ish = Science Lesson or baking time, so many avenues to go down for this one. And if time remaining, story time.

10:10ish - 11:00, maybe sooner if need be= Outdoor play, when nice outside. Indoor play when cold outside.
( If inside, Will consist of free play, fort building, games, hide and seek)

11:00 - 11:40= Lunch Time

11:50 - 12:00= Story Time

12:00 - 1:20= Mister's Nap Time
(Miss can choose computer or vsmile play, movie time or quiet play)
Mommy has time for computer, sewing or chores.

1:20 - 2:00= Mister still sleeping
Mommy and Miss enjoy some time together playing games, doing crafts, etc.

2:00 on= Errand time, if there are any, which usually there always seems to be something, huh?

Then since I work at night, I usually start getting ready for work and cooking dinner around 4:00.

Now, speaking of lessons and computer time and so forth, it's been awhile since I left you all any fun links for lessons and things, so here are two that I found recently:

Starfall Online Calendar Game


Starfall ABC's.
This site is so great, it goes over the sounds of each letter, it shows the upper and lower case version of the letter and it shows a word that starts with the letter. You really should check it out.