CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 25

The Weekend is flying by

Well, tommorrow is the last day of our wonderful four day weekend. It actually went faster than I thought it would. Sadly, I was sick for half of it. On Thanksgiving morning, I woke up feeling miserable. My head was pounding, I had a fever and I was throwing up. Faeryland mom and I were splitting Thanksgiving dinner preparations. We were hosting dinner at her house and had invitied some single guys at the Air Force Base who didn't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving. I was in charge of 2 pies, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, ham, veggie tray, and beverages. I called poor Faeryland Mom who was busy cooking the turkey and MANY other items to tell her that I just couldn't cook a thing. Her hubby drove by and picked up all of my ingredients. However, around 1:00, I was feeling better and my family headed to Tiff's. I was able to help her with a few things. But it was mainly Faeryland Mom who prepared Thanksgiving dinner. I only ate a tiny bit of it because I was still feeling a bit yucky. All of the food was YUMMY! Here are some pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Faeryland Mom and her turkey. Her first turkey ever. A 16 pounder. She did an AMAZING job. It was delicious!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DH carving the turkey

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Halo time while food digested

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Miss and her friend thought they were playing.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The mister


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and Tired Faeryland Mom


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last night, I was feeling MUCH better, so DH and I had a date night. We went and saw the movie, Stranger Than Fiction, and we really liked it. We also saw a preview for a movie, We Are Marshall, that I want us to see for my birthday. It comes out the day after my b-day. It looks REALLY good.

Today, DH ran the fort at home with the kiddos while I went with some church members to the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center. I spent four hours in an assembly line of sorts. It was our job to look through the boxes to make sure there weren't any unallowable items. We were also able to add to the boxes if we desired to. They had many clothing items, toys and stuffed animals to add to each box. We then taped them up and handed them off to another group who packaged them up to be shipped out. It was an incredible experience. The warehouse had thousands upon thousands of boxes from all over the mid-west. The boxes in Aurora are going to be shipped out to children in South America. A child receiving one of the boxes will get items such as toys, clothes, toiletry items, books, puzzles, crayons, Bibles and a story book in their language sharing the Gospel message. I am so glad that I was able to be such a part of it this year. It was so neat getting to see what was in each box and thinking about the children that would be receiving the boxes.

So, that's been our weekend. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!