CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 20

Spiritual Gifts






So for this week's Shape Of My Faith, I am exploring my spiritual gifts.

I took a Spiritual Gifts Assessment. , and here are my top two spiritual gifts:

Mercy
It is the special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to feel exceptional empathy and compassion for those who are suffering so that they devote large amounts of time and energy to alleviate it.

Faith
It is the special gift whereby the Spirit provides Christians with extraordinary confidence in God's promises, power, and presence so that they can take heroic stands for their future of God's work in the church.

I really do strongly agree with both of these, however, I was surprised that I got such high marks for faith. I have always been one to really be at peace during hard times because I had the faith that everything would always work out and that God was in control. But, I feel that a couple of years ago, I wavered quite a bit in my faith. In fact, I even remember a friend of mine asking me at that point in time if I had faith in God, because I wasn't acting like it. And that remark really made an impact on me. Maybe she recognized I was lacking in faith because of the fact that usually my faith is very strong.

A lot of my thoughts and many actions are definitely run by mercy. I feel exceptional mercy though toward children. More so than I do for adults. But I agree 100% that mercy is one of my spiritual gifts. It is mercy that has put desires in my heart for such things as Compassion International and Mission Trips.

That was fun. YOU should take the test. What are YOUR gifts????