CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 2

Labor Day

So yes, Labor Day was yesterday, I am a little slow.In honor of yesterday's celebration, here is a fun meme that I found over at Tiff's.


How long were your labors?

The Miss: 14 hours
The Mister: 4 hours
The Baby Boy: 7 hours

How did you know you were in labor?

With the miss, I was induced and those were some FUN contractions, let me tell you.
With the mister, my water broke, it was more like an explosion of sorts.
With the baby boy, I had been having contractions all day, and they persisted and stayed consistent.

Where did you deliver?
The Miss was at a civilian hospital with military doctors.
The Mister was born at the Army Hospital.
The baby boy was born in my family room. :-)

Drugs?
-My goal was a natural birth for the miss. But after about 7 hours of pitocin induced contractions, I couldn't take it anymore. I had an epidural, which helped then, but it did give me a HORRID spinal headache.
- The mister came fast, but my contractions never stopped and I had back labor, really bad back labor. I asked for an epidural, but it didn't really kick in until I was pushing.
- The baby boy was a completely natural birth at home. (The best one of the three)

C-section?
No, thank goodness. I have always been terrified of c-sections. I told my hubby that I would cry harder than I ever have before, if I was told I'd have to have a c-section.

Who delivered?

The first two were military deliveries. I hardly ever had the same doctor and really can't remember who delivered them.
With the baby boy, it was my awesome midwife.


If you want to play along with this meme, just cut and paste the questions into your own blog, and leave your link here. Then, leave me a note to let me know you did, so I can come read yours!