CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 18

Christmas Meme

Well, hi there. Dinner is done and I have a cake cooling and homemade frosting just dying to be put on it. But I have to wait a little while longer. I was craving yellow cake and chocolate frosting. I had the cake mix but no icing. So, I made my own. And I must say it tastes rather yummy. Anyway, here's a Christmas meme to take up some time while I wait to devour my cake.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer to wrap presents in paper with bows and cute dangly things hanging also, but if I am short on time, I'll recycle a bag that I have from a previous Christmas.

2. Real tree or artificial? I do enjoy real trees, we had one last year. I also like how much cleaner fake ones are. So, really, I don't prefer one over the other. Although, a real one is pretty nice!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually, right after Thanksgiving or so. This year, I was a lazy bum about it. It went up late, late, late....like 2 weeks ago.

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years

5. Do you like eggnog? Not one bit. I was even talked into sampling an all natural, right from the farm one at Wild Oats. And it wasn't bad...but I definitely didn't want more than one sip.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? In 6th grade, my dad had been laid off from his job and it was a tough year financially. My brother and I weren't expecting much for Christmas. In fact there were only like three gifts total for my brother and me under the tree. One, was a combined present and it was a Super Nintendo. I remember just being elated because I had wanted one, but wasn't expecting it AT all.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course!

8. Hardest person to buy for? I am actually pretty good at picking out gifts for people. It is something I truly enjoy. But, to be honest, unless I get a list, I have a hard time with a couple of DH's cousin's. This year we are low on funds and so I am making homemade gifts for 3 friends, DH's sister and his older cousins. What I am making is really cute. But I can't tell you what it is, because they might read this.

9. Easiest person to buy for? The miss, definitely!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail..but mine are still sitting on my counter. Isn't that horrible?!?!?!? They are all sealed and addressed. I just keep forgetting to buy stamps. I think you will all get them after Christmas. Sorry!!!!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh, my mom one year...I think it was back in 2000, we had friends visiting from Back East and my mom had me unwrap a box of tampons. That was my present under the tree. She was serious too, it wasn't a joke. She figured it was something I would need to use. She has multiple sclerosis and can be a bit silly at times.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? One Magic Christmas....LOVE IT!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually November...although each year I say I am going to start much earlier...it never happens. Plus I am bad about waiting until Christmas to give a gift. So, if I do it too soon. I end up giving it to the person before Christmas. Then, I have to go get something else.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I thought about it once, but no.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas??? Oh my...EVERYTHING....especially desserts!!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?? Be with family, whether they came to us or we travel to them.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. I have had her for gosh years..now..she is fiber optic and her wings change colors. I like her.

21. Open the presents Christmas eve or morning? DH's family does presents Christmas Eve. I like that!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? My birthday is too close to Christmas. Do you know how many times I have gotten money or gift cards for my birthday and used them to get someone a Christmas present?????
My birthday is Dec. 21st.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hallmark ornaments. I buy a new one for the family and then one for each member(immediate)...each year.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and ham. Must have mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.

OKAY..time to frost the cake.