CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 27

On Eagle's Wings

I have been introduced to so many wonderful blogs thanks to my two Christian blog rings that I am a part of. There is one in particular that I love. It is the blog entitled, Windscraps. It can be found on my sidebar. I visit it every day. Today there was a wonderful post. What I love about her posts is that she always takes a part of her day, relates it to scripture and then merges it altogether with such beautiful writing. She is such a talented writer and amazing storyteller. And when I leave her site, I always walk away pondering a scripture verse in a way I never had before. I wish I was so talented as she with my writing to be able to do that as well.
I encourage you to read Her post from today. I know you will enjoy it as much as I did.

It reminded me of one of my favorite church songs, On Eagle's Wings. It is an adaptation of Psalm 91. The chorus says, "And He will raise you up on eagle's wings. Bear you on the breath of dawn. Make you to shine like the sun. And hold you in the palm of His hands."


Psalm 91
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust."

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler.
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers.
And under His wings you shall take refuge.
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night.
Nor of the arrow that flies by day.
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness.
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side.
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look.
And see the reward of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
No evil shall befall you.
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.

In their hands they shall bear you up.
Lest you dash your feet against a stone.
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra.
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high because he has known My name.
He shall come upon Me and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
And show him my salvation."



I will post later today after my doctor's appointment. That is if there is anything worth sharing, of course.