CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 23

Scallop Gratin

The other day, I grabbed a recipe for scallops from the turntable near the seafood department at Wal-Mart
I made the dish last night, and it was scrumptious. All of us literally licked our plates clean.
My kids, 4 and 2, loved the scallops and were pretty bummed that I hadn't made enough for seconds.
And just to prove how great the dish was, my mister, 2, who doesn't have many words in his vocabulary yet, said "scallop" last night.
He really wanted more. And after pleading to us with "more, more, more", he finally started pointing to the pan while saying "scalllloooppp".

So, I knew I had to share the recipe with you.
I modified it just a bit. It says to prepare a garlic toast with it and to serve the scallops on top of the toast. But, I served the scallops over rice instead.

To serve 4 you will need:

1 lb. scallops (but you may want to make more, so there are leftovers)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and brown well on both sides.

Remove and keep warm.

Add mushrooms and garlic; brown lightly.

Add green onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.

Blend in half-and-half, tomato paste and Parmesan cheese.

Return scallops to the pan. Cook, stirring; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes to blend flavors.

Enjoy.

(recipe modified from Try-Foods International)