CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 2

Psalms Sunday- Psalm 43


Good morning, today we are reading Psalm 43, which is actually a continuation of Psalm 42. It is a Psalm of lament and of trust.

Psalm 43
Prayer to God in Time of Trouble
1 Vindicate me, O God,
And plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!
2 For You are the God of my strength;
Why do You cast me off?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

3 Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!
Let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your tabernacle.
4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.

5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.


I love verse three, "Oh send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me." We should pray that every morning. We need His light and we need His truth, especially during difficult times when our friends in the world and the enemy are trying to bring us down. Or when we catch ourselves lost in our own thought processes of what if. We need His light and His truth and we need to have it lead us. We need to let go and follow Him.

The Lord will not stand by and watch His children trampled on forever… and as confident as I am that the sun will rise in the morning, so is my confidence that He will shine His light on your circumstance, whatever it may be. - Darlene Zschech


Have a wonderful Sunday and I will see you again next week, for Psalm 44.